Everyone has to make a conscious effort in protecting the environment. This is the reason why several brands, whether big or small, came up with their own sustainable efforts to help care for the environment. One of which is Club Paradise Palawan, a luxury resort in Coron.
This luxury resort came up with an environmental sustainability program called “EcoConserve which aims to rebuild, protect and conserve nature. The program provides the guiding principles for the resort’s day-to-day operations. Club Paradise Palawan seeks to “nurture nature” through the numerous eco-friendly activities such as the following:
– Protecting the resort’s 700-meter pristine beach, which is within a Biosphere Reserve of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization. The reserve is a nesting site for Hawksbill and Green Sea turtles where around 200 turtle hatchlings are released back to the ocean usually in the months of November to January.
– Protecting its surrounding waters from illegal fishermen. Resort staff members serve as “Sea Guardians” who safeguard marine ecosystems and reefs.
– Came up with the Discovery Scouts program which encourages children to care for Mother Earth. Different activities are held daily at the resort’s Tree House to show children the need to protect and conserve nature.
– At the Firefish Restaurant and Lounge, delightful international and home-grown dishes are served using ingredients from sustainable sources. The resort’s private farm, Taranuman, supplies fresh herbs and vegetables to allow guests enjoy farm-to-table dishes.
– The luxury resort is also home to many exotic wildlife. With this, the resort ensures the wildlife do not lose their home by planting trees and caring for it.
– In the pipeline is the construction of a water desalination plant to provide a drought-proof, alternative water supply.
– Conducts regular beach clean-ups and practices waste segregation by providing color-coded garbage bins within the property.
For Club Paradise Palawan, its management company The Discovery Leisure Company, and its owner Discovery World Corporation, sustainability is not just a short-term goal but a major and permanent part of the way they operate and do business.