What is mindfulness meditation? It’s a mental practice that will help you live in the present moment and incorporate that awareness into your daily life.
Scientific studies have shown that meditation can have a positive impact on one’s mental and physical health. It can help reduce stress, improve sleep, enhance focus, and improve relationships.
If you are thinking of integrating meditation into your wellness routine, here are some tips to help you get started:
1. Look for a space that works for you. A peaceful and comfortable environment will help set up the right atmosphere for when you start your meditation journey.
2. Try making time for meditation everyday and soon enough it will become a part of your routine. When you start your day, sit for two minutes and work your way to dedicating more time to practice.
3. When meditating, make sure you’re in a comfortable position and take regular deep breaths. This will help clear your thoughts and relax your body.
4. Allow your mind to drift and your thoughts to just freely flow.
5. Instead of resisting or holding onto negative emotions, simply acknowledge their existence and allow them to come and go.
6. Build a friendly attitude when dealing with your thoughts and feelings—recognize that they are a part of who you are.
7. Make an effort to know yourself even better by learning how your mind works. This will help you understand yourself more.
8. Try to end each session with a thankful heart and take a moment to assess yourself. How are you feeling physically, emotionally, and mentally? Take notes and be more self-aware—this will help in your meditation moving forward.